218. “The Path” – Sonning, Collage, 44.7 x 41.6cm, NFS
219. “The Path” – Sonning, Fine Liner, 30.6 x 40cm, NFS
180. The River, Acrylics on Loxley chunky canvas, 50.8 x 50.8cm, NFS
181. Splash, Acrylics on Loxley chunky canvas, 50.8 x 50.8cm, NFS
182. The Mirrored River, Acrylics on Loxley chunky canvas, 50.8 x 50.8cm, NFS
During lockdown I have had a strong desire to be near water, whether that be shoreline or river bank.
Caversham & Pangbourne have provided a perfect local setting to be mesmerised by the colours, movement and light of the river Thames.
My work this year has been heavily influenced by this time spent both beside and in water. Many pieces share an aquatic theme in addition to my usual musical inspiration.
These paintings are from a series of five celebrating 'Rivers' and will be available to purchase once the series is complete.
Please contact me with any questions.
Follow me on Instagram: @mjfrench_art
For more about the artist, see RGA Gallery page: Matt French