94. Looking Up I, Watercolour and pencil, 18 x 18cm, Mount 32 x 32cm (Unframed), £45
95. Looking Up II, Watercolour and pencil, 18 x 18cm, Mount 32 x 32cm (Unframed), £45
96. Looking Up III, Watercolour and pencil, 18 x 18cm, Mount 32 x 32cm (Unframed), £45
This set of three artworks was inspired by the woods around Sonning Common on the outskirts of Reading. My family and I were lucky to enjoy some beautiful walks in our neighbourhood this spring. Looking up through the branches to the calm blue skies is a simple but enchanting pleasure.
32. Reflections on the Thames I, Watercolour, 20 x 20cm, £50
33. Reflections on the Thames II, Watercolour, 20 x 20cm, £50
34. Reflections on the Thames III, Watercolour, 20 x 20cm, £50
Frame size 35 x 35cm
Part of a series of three watercolour patterns inspired by the River Thames, capturing the wonderful colours, pattern and rhythm of the water. The river plays a big part in my life, be it walking the paths, paddle boarding and kayaking its inviting waters, or providing inspiration for my artwork. We are lucky to live near this beautiful stretch of river; it has proved an invaluable escape in these strange times.
To contact the artist:
instagram - wendyjhodges
For more about the artist, see RGA Gallery page: Wendy Hodges